[sane-devel] HP4c & Buslogic BT-958

Ray Curtis Ray Curtis <ray@ccux.com>
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:00:58 -0500

sl> -- Marcel Pol <mpol@gmx.net>

>> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:55:20 -0500
>> Ray Curtis <ray@ccux.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone on this list using this combination with the 2.4 kernel ? I
>> am
>>> still playing around trying to find out why sane can't seem to find
>> my
>>> scanner.
>>
>> I had a Microtek scanner on a BusLogic BT930.
>> You read man sane-scsi?
>> It talks about the bios of the scsi card, which needs 2 settings
>> changed.
>> Though in my case i found out I shouldn't turn off disconnect, but
>> leave it to default.
>> You could try to fiddle with that.

sl> Do you remember the settings or where you saw it. Going back
sl> over the sane-scsi manpage I cannot find [Bb]us[Ll]logic anywyere
sl> in it.

Having just read it again myself, from the rpm, sane-backends-1.0.5-4

 BusLogic BT958
                     To configure the BusLogic card, you may need
                     to follow these instructions (contributed by
                     Jeremy <jeremy@xxedgexx.com>): During  boot,
                     when your BusLogic adapter is being initial­
                     ized, press Ctrl-B to  enter  your  BusLogic
                     adapter  setup.   Choose  the  address which
                     your BusLogic  containing  your  scanner  is
                     located.  Choose  ``SCSI  Device  Configura­
                     tion''.  Choose ``Scan SCSI  Bus''.   Choose
                     whatever  SCSI id that contains your scanner
                     and then choose ``View/Modify SCSI  configu­
                     ration''.     Change    ``Negotiation''   to
                     ``async''  and  change   ``Disconnect''   to
                     ``off''.  Press  Esc,  save,  and  Esc again
                     until you are asked to reboot.

--
Ray Curtis         Curtis Consulting         http://www.ccux.com