[sane-devel] OS/2 version of Sane

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 23:29:34 +0100

Franz Bakan wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:40:45 +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> >Lots of changes, so please everyone: try compiling and running.
>
> I think the OS/2-specific changes which you comitted to CVS are
> OK but there are some other problems:
>
> 1. sharp.c refuses to compile because of the last changes in CVS:
>
> sharp.c: In function `do_cancel':
> sharp.c:2262: storage size of `ds' isn't known
> sharp.c:2264: warning: implicit declaration of function `shmctl'
>
>  I think that's because I compile without HAVE_SYS_SHM_H defined
>  in sharp and nec backends) and so sys/shm.h is not included...
>
>  (There is a sys/shm.h available for OS/2. I just renamed it some
>  time ago to avoid fork() so it can't be found by configure)

Oops. Did you use the CVS version of sharp.c or the one from the 1.0.6
tarball?

The CVS version contains an idiotic leftover from a test:

#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SHM_H
#define USE_FORK
#endif
#define USE_FORK

The last line is obviously nonsense...

If the error occurs for the version from Sane 1.0.6, we'll need a better
way to make sure that USE_FORK is not defined for OS/2.

Abel