[sane-devel] Q: Performance Tip wanted, USB vs. SCSI HP 63xx Scanner

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:39:46 +0100

Hi Juergen,

I also did the tests on a Windows 98 Notebook with HP PrecisionScan Pro
V 2.02. At 200 dpi/24 Bits Truecolor it stops about 5 times for an A4
scan. 300 dpi is nearly impossible. What resolution are you using that
you don't have the problems ?

--Peter

Juergen Sauer wrote:
<snip>
> USB is quit fine here. I think there must be a possible solution,
> if I disconnect my USB bus and connect it onto my Notebook (which came
> delivered with Wintrash 98, because HP is to silly to sell
> Linux-Preinstalled Notebooks, they are abusing the customer rights and
> force to buy M$), the scanner does work like a charm in USB.

<snip>

--
Peter Kirchgessner
http://www.kirchgessner.net