[sane-devel] Preview in xscanimage only possible as root

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage@gmx.de
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:49:41 +0100

Hi,
since I have installed sane 1.06 recently, invoking  the 'preview window'
crashes xscanimage ('floating point exception (core dumped)') when logged in
as mere user.
But xscanimage WORKS when not using a preview.
This doesn't occur when logged in as root, and it didn't at all with version
1.05.
There is no such problem with xsane (0.81).

Some more details about my system:
- Pentium 3
- Redhat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.9-12
- AGFA SNAPSCAN 1212U_2 with firmware loaded by
   /usr/local/etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf

This is a more or less academic problem for me since I am using xsane as a
frontend most of the time, but the bug might be interesting for others.
Klaus-Peter