[sane-devel] problems with xsane and permissions.

Mike Linthorne spellbin@microbio.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:48:52 -0800

Alright, this is how my trouble goes. I got my Mustek 600 III EP scanner
working through scanimage. It is only working now though if I use root
to run the program. If I use any other user I get:

bash-2.04$ scanimage -d mustek_pp > bah.pnm
scanimage: open of device mustek_pp failed: Invalid argument

Alright, so, why would this work under root and not other users... the
error message doesn't seem to corrospond to the problem.

As well, my main concern is xsane when run with xsane -d mustek_pp i get
the same error when it searches for scanner. If i run it as root it
freezes.

Ah, and also there are multi-colored lines through my images i do manage
to scan with the command prompt scanimage.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks,
Mike.