[sane-devel] Preview in xscanimage only possible as root

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage@gmx.de
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:15:16 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2001 00:20 schrieb Oliver Schwartz:

> The fix for the snapscan backend is in CVS on SourceForge
> (http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=12742).
>
> But then, I've no idea why this problem should only show up if you run
> xscanimage as user, neither why only preview should be affected. So maybe
> there's still another problem.

Hi Oliver,
thanks for the hints.
So I fetched the snapscan files from CVS (never done such a thing before),
manually copied them into the backend directory of a freshly untarred 1.0.6
sourcetree, recompiled and reinstalled without any error.
I also recompiled and reinstalled the frontends.
Same results:
- xscanimage scans perfectly when run as user (I only tried 300 dpi colour
mode), but preview crashes.
- no probs when beeing root or when using xsane as user.
Would it be of any help if I sent you the core dump (1.2 MB!) which is
generated by the xscanimage crash?
Regards
Klaus-Peter