[sane-devel] Memorex Maxx 6142U Help

Mark Plowman mplowman@wxs.nl
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:05:24 +0100 (CET)

Albert,

> From: "Albert, Patti & Zachary Carter" <peptiger@pop.net>
> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:11:41 -0500

<snip>

> "I took the thing apart and had a look at the chips inside.  One
> labeled as "Elite MT 72MHz", possibly some sort of microprocessor;
> an M11B416256A-35J (probably RAM), and some small thing saying "UTC
> OEOH ULN2003."  Don't seem to be the same as the chipsets in the
> other scanners for which Linux drivers have been written, but I
> don't really know.  It might emulate something else; I just haven't
> had time to try them all."

I know nothing about this in *particular*, these are just my to 2
cents:

The ULN2003 is a "7-bit 50V 500mA TTL-input NPN darlington driver"
i.e. suitable for converting microprocessor signals to levels and
currents suitable for Stepping Motors.

"EliteMT" appear to manufacture chiefly/only RAM - which is a little
puzzling as an "M11B416256A-35J" also sounds like a RAM chip to me.
Perhaps they also make some sort of microprocessor.

To me this sounds like a software only scanner.  Is that possible?

> Thanks in Advance,
> Albert

Greetings

Mark Plowman