[sane-devel] Which new backends should go into SANE 1.0.7?

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:21:29 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 03:29:47PM -0700, marciot wrote:
> As for the UMAX Astra 1220U, I would like to incorporate it only
> if I can get it to use the sanei_usb interface. What I have now
> isn't very clean and forces some people to play with their kernel.
> I would rather clean this up before making it an official part of
> SANE.

That's because you need control messages? With kernel 2.4.13 and
later, this shouldn't be a problem. sanei_usb_control_msg() isn't
written yet, but I don't think that this will be difficult.

> Once it is ready, would anyone on this list be able to merge this into
> the CVS for SANE for me? I'm sort of new at all this. I don't want to
> break something :)

When you are ready, just post a link to it on this list so some people
can have a look at it and check for the usual problems (e.g. on
non-Linux/i386 platforms). When everything is ok, I (or anyone with
CVS access) can do the checkin.