[sane-devel] Problem with scanner Agfa Snapscan e20 !

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 15:05:23 GMT 2001

Hi,

> My configuration is the following one :
>
> - SuSE 7.2
> - Kernel 2.4.4 or 2.4.13
> - Sane 1.0.5
> - Xsane 0.80

You should upgrade to sane-1.0.6 or use the latest snapscan backend from
hpttp://sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan. It will determine automatically
if your scanner needs a firmware upload - no need to use agfafirm anymore.

> But when I want to scan an error message appear :
> "Your scanner device is busy !"

If you try to scan immediately after the firmware upload it's possible that
the scanner is still busy initializing. This will only take some seconds
(probably with a scanner light blinking). If you still can't scan after
about 20 seconds then that's a bug - in this case, I'd like you to send me a
debug log ("export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255", "xsane 2>debug.log").