[sane-devel] Plans for an updated avision backend (HP7400+HP5300+Minolta Scan Dual II+???)

Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida moitinho at civil.ist.utl.pt
Sun Nov 11 18:34:09 GMT 2001

Hello

Following my previous mail to the list I received some info, which may be
"just what we want".

Those interested in participating in the development/testing of the avision
backend, so that it can use the scanners that are known to be manufactured by
avision, but are not supported by the current backend, please contact me.

I think that we should prepare a structure to enable some kind of shared
development. Good ideas to achieve this are welcome and, as usual, someone
with lots of time to spare would be most usefull.... perhaps then we could do
without the list....

The scanners in question are (please correct):

- HP 7400
- HP 5300
- Minolta Scan Dual II
- .....

I just wonder if there are no "real" avision scanners that need/could benefit
from an updated backend.

Regards

Ze Paulo