[sane-devel] saned and xsane-WIN32

Jason Corekin crazy_j_c at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 08:36:12 GMT 2001

Hello

I was hoping that I could get some help setting up saned to work on a RH 7.1 Linux box serving out to xsane-WIN32 clients.
I can seem to have everything working in terms of being able to scan through the net background device when coming from the local host.
But when I try to attach from the windows client I the message "failed to open device 192.168.1.1:umax:/dev/scanner" "error during device I/O".
When I look at /var/log/messages I see the line "server saned[2472]: access by [USER]@(null) rejected" where [USER] is the username of the user on the windows box.
I have seen similar posting on the web and have tried all of the solutions mentioned, but none have worked.  This includes commenting out every unneeded backend in dll.conf and trying to use tcpd.  The dll.conf thing helped a little and now I can use the net backend on the localhost, but if I use tcpd it just freezes everything including scanimage.   I am using sane version 1.06 (I have recompiled a few times, no help), xineted, and xsane-WIN32 version .80.  If anyone has any ideas the would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Corekin