[sane-devel] Which new backends should go into SANE 1.0.7?

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 29 22:29:47 GMT 2001

>    - UMAX Astra 1220U  backend
>      http://umax1220u-sane.sourceforge.net/
>
>What's the status of these backends? Will any of them go into SANE
>1.0.7?  In this case, the inclusion process should be finished by
>about New Year's Eve.

As for the UMAX Astra 1220U, I would like to incorporate it only
if I can get it to use the sanei_usb interface. What I have now
isn't very clean and forces some people to play with their kernel.
I would rather clean this up before making it an official part of
SANE.

I haven't looked into this final step (because I'm busy with finals),
but I'll try to make an effort to have something ready by mid December.

Once it is ready, would anyone on this list be able to merge this into
the CVS for SANE for me? I'm sort of new at all this. I don't want to
break something :)

Thanks,

Marcio Luis Teixeira