[sane-devel] Problems with current snapscan-backend

Sebastien Sable Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr
03 Oct 2001 21:24:38 +0200

Maier Gerfried <moali@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at> writes:

> I just tried out the current release of the mentioned backend together
> with sane 1.0.5. Scanning seems to be much more reliable with this
> release, but in color scans the three color-layers are not correctly
> located over each over (moved in one direction). If it is useful I could
> mail a part of such a scan.
>
> My Hardware: Agfa Snapscan 600 SCSI

Maybe you should try this first :
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/snapscan/snapscan-20010928.tar.gz

If still not working, there is a block in snapscan-scsi.c like this :

    if(pss->pdev->model != ACER300F
       &&
       pss->pdev->model != SNAPSCAN310
       &&
       pss->pdev->model != SNAPSCAN1236

Could you try to replace ACER300F by SNAPSCAN600 then re-test sane?
Or just test : http://inova.snv.jussieu.fr/~sable/snapscan-test.tar.gz

If it still does not work, you can try to change ACER300F by
SNAPSCAN600 in other parts of this file too or just contact me for a
new test version.
If it works, please contact me so I update the code.

bye

--
Sébastien Sablé <Sebastien.Sable@snv.jussieu.fr>
http://inova.snv.jussieu.fr/~sable/