[sane-devel] Problem with empty sense buffer in sanei_scsi (linux+hpusbscsi+vuescan)?

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 23:19:58 +0200

abel deuring wrote:

> Maybe, but I think that older versions of the SG driver do not return
> the length of sense data read from a device. (Douglas, can you confirm
> this?)

I am not sure but I think byte 07 of the sense command return data block
is defined for all devices/vendors as additional length.

When the return block is filled with 00 or FF before the sense command
is executed it should be relative simple to find out if at least this
value is true, may be that already is all what is needed.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de