[sane-devel] EPSON Perfection 1640 Users: Please read and respond

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 09:57:54 -0400

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

I've received three reports so far about problems with the
EPSON Perfection 1640 scanner. It seems that some models report
an error when a resolution of 300dpi or more is selected. I've
also received numerous success stories about this model, so=20
my suspicion is that EPSON changed something in the firmware
that causes some of these models to do strange things.

Can you please report back to me (khk@khk.net) if your scanner
does work with resolutions higher than 300 dpi _AND_ the
firmware version number your scanner reports.

This information can be obtained by running the following command:
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
or for SCSI scanners:
cat /proc/scsi/scsi

PLease send the software rev if you know how to look up this data
or the complete output of these commands.

If it turns out to be a firmware version related problem, I will
compile a list of working/non-working versions and publish this
list here and on my web site.

Thanks for your help,

Karl Heinz

--=20