[sane-devel] no scanner found (Mandrake8.1)

James Kirkpatrick jameskir@connection.com
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:53:39 -0400

I recently installed Mandrake 8.1.  It has the rpm package
sane-backends-1.05.  I have a Microtek V6USL attached to a aic7xxx SCSI
card.  The scanner is present in the bootup, when you run cdrecord
-scanbus and in harddrake.  The program find-scanner says there is no
scanner.  When I was running Mandrake7.2 and sane-1.03 the scanner was
present but the light failed to turn on.  The scanner is listed as lun 6
on scsibus0, zip drive lun5 on scsibus0 and there is ide cdrw on
scsibus1 with lun0.