[sane-devel] sane nikon coolscan

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:09:59 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 11:39:39PM -0700, Hidong Kim wrote:
> I'm trying to install a Nikon Coolscan LS-2000 on my Red Hat 7.1
> machine.  I recompiled the 2.4.2-2 kernel to support the SCSI interface
> for this scanner, an Adaptec AVA-2903B.  (It uses the aic7xxx driver.)
> The computer appears to recognize the SCSI host and the scanner fine.

[...]

> The scanner is turned on and connected.  Why is sane not detecting the
> scanner when the computer seems to be detecting it?  What else can I
> check?  Thanks,

Is the SCSI-generic driver really loaded (lsmod, check for "sg")?
Check that the SCSI generic devices are available (ls -l /dev/sg*).
Run sane-find-scanner with the "-v" to see what's happening. Also try
SANE_DEBUG_COOLSCAN=255 scanimage -L
for more details about why the Coolscan backend doesn't detect your scanner.