[sane-devel] linux 2.4 scsi problems, sane 1.0.5

eric-sane@limpoc.com eric-sane@limpoc.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 22:27:01 -0700

Hi.

I've recently come back to trying to make a Sharp JX-610 SCSI scanner work
under Linux 2.4.9. I had no trouble under earlier 2.2 kernels but unfortunately
running those is no longer an option for me.
The SCSI adapter is an Adaptec 7896 using the aic7xxx driver.

Basically, the scanner is detected, and the scan runs most of the way through,
but fails toward the end with "sane_read: Error during device I/O" leaving
an incomplete or otherwise corrupted file. Very small scans occasionally
succeed.

I'm including a log with SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 in the hope that someone
can help fix this. I found some relevant discussion in the archives but nothing
that proved helpful.

I imagine this must be a problem for many people, as it seems to me that anyone
using Linux 2.4 and an adaptec scsi adapter (at least) must be experiencing
it.

Anyway, any help will be much appreciated! If there is any other info I can
provide or testing I can do, I'd be happy to get involved.

Eric

Log is at http://limpoc.com/~eric/scanlog.txt (it's very long)