[sane-devel] [dev] Format of ChangeLog entries

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:56:56 +0100

Hi,

Not an important problem, but...

During the last days, the sane-backends ChangeLog became more
difficult to read mostly because of different formats used for the
entries, at least in my opinion. Can we keep on using the format
similar to that mentioned on
http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/sane/cvs-server.html? This is
also the format used for older entries.

Especially there is exactly one tab before the star and the following
lines. I'm usually using tab + 2 spaces for the following lines, but
that shouldn't matter.

Some of the entries use various amounts of space in the Changelog
instead of tab, maybe because of editors that don't use fixed-width
fonts.

Comments?