[sane-devel] Progress bar

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:52:44 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 11:52:28AM +0100, Andre Herms wrote:
> Question: Is there something like a well known option to make the frontend
> poll it's value and to display it in some way?
>
> Maybe an option name like "pollme#1-1000" that makes the frontend poll the
> value every 1000 µseconds?

It's possible to use read-only options. You could also use
SANE_CAP_HARD_DETECT to print something like "waiting for scanner
warmup". That's the theory, I don't know how well it's supported by
the frontends.

Anyway, polling is not supported by the current SANE standard. Also,
such an option wouldn't work because you can't call any SANE function
as long you are inside another one (but: sane_cancel()).

> Or are there some other way to do it?

Write about the warmup in the manual page. Print a message with
DBG(0, ...). Wait for a new SANE standard (see LEVEL2).