Please review patch for net.c (was: Re: [sane-devel] Timetable for sane-1.0.6)

mh crapsite at gmx.net
Tue Oct 2 11:35:34 BST 2001

Henning Meier-Geinitz, Mon, 01 Okt 2001:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 12:22:06PM -0400, wls at astro.umd.edu wrote:
> > I hope that one of the bugs that gets addressed is the one that I recently
> > reported -- that scans of > 8 bits / color / pixels get byte swapped when
> > the frontend is on a machine of different byte order than the backend.
>
> We will look at all the things at the TODO list but I can't promise
> anything.
>
> A general comment: Patches for bug-fixes are appreciated from
> everyone, not only maintainers! Also hints for where to search for a
> bug and possible solutions.

Hi,
the attached patch is an attempt to solve the byte order problem with the net
backend. (... and like always,  this might be complete crap :)
Someone who actually has problems with endianess should give it a try.
The diff was made against net.c from CVS yesterday evening.
(patch net.c net_endian.diff)

Michael