[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 5P, Kernel 2.4.x problems

Josh Dersch derschjo at pilot.msu.edu
Tue Oct 16 09:42:46 BST 2001

Hello,
    Under any 2.4.x kernel, scanimage dies immediately with an "Error during device I/O."  Works fine under 2.2.16, but running this kernel really isn't an option for the computer I'm using.  I noticed several posts about this in the archives, but I haven't seen any real solutions.  I'm running SANE-1.0.5 under Slackware 8.0, with a Buslogic BT-956C SCSI adapter.  I have also tried the latest CVS snapshot, with the same results.  Are there any workarounds or fixes to make this scanner work under 2.4.x kernels?

Thanks a lot,
Josh
derschjo at pilot.msu.edu