[sane-devel] Problem with Sane and Epson 1250U

Frederic Dumas frederic.dumas@club-internet.fr
Sat, 01 Sep 2001 22:38:45 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to instal an Epson 1250U scanner on a RedHat 7.1 Linux box.
I guess it is much like the Epson 1240U (All Epson scanners share the
same scanner language ?). I followed the instructions:

- Got product id from "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices"
- Added in /etc/modules.conf:
                options scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=010f
- /dev/usb/scanner0 already exists
- Only uncommented line in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf:
        usb /dev/usb/scanner0

Now, when I run xsane, I get the message: "No devices available" and
xsane does not run. Should I do something more for the 1250U?

Thanks for any help,
Frederic

PS: xsane --version output is:
  package xsane-0.62
  SANE-1.0
  compiled with GTK-1.2.8
  without GIMP support
  XSane output formats: jpeg, png, pnm, ps, raw, tiff