[sane-devel] EPSON Perfection 1250 is _NOT_ supported !!!

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:30:20 -0400

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 07:55:59PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Samstag, 1. September 2001 22:45 schrieb Karl Heinz Kremer:
> > I just got notice of a very disturbing change in the new EPSON
> > scanner Perfection 1250 (and posibly the other new scanners
> > they just released): Instead of just two bulk endpoints for
> > the USB connection this scanner now uses two bulk and one
> > interrupt end point. This is (at least for now) not supported
> > by the USB scanner driver, therefore the scanner can not be
> > used with the EPSON backend.
>=20
> Hm... In principle it is support if the interrupt endpoint is used for=20
> reporting buttons and such stuff only. Has the protocol changed, too ?
> Do you have usb snoopy traces ? From the description alone it might be th=
e=20
> HP53xx protocol.

All I know so far is that the scanner does not seem to respond to
commands as the older EPSON scanners do: The backends sends a reset
commands which should result in an ack return code (or an error
message from the scanner), and the scanner does not answer.=20

I don't have access to the actual device, so I can not create any
traces.=20

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net