[sane-devel] EpsoPerfection 640U: skewed scan in binary mode, 600dpi

Christoph Ludwig cludwig@cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 12:34:44 +0200

Hi,

I upgraded to libsane-epson.so.1.0.5 and my problem with the skewed
binary scans went away. Thank you!

But now there is another minor bug; since it was not there before the
upgrade, I assume it's a bug in the libraries rather than in xsane.

When I quit xsane it will remember the settings (dpi, color / gray /
binary mode) the next time it's called. If it starts in binary mode,
though, it actually performs a gray scan. It does not help if I switch
to color mode and back. I have to switch to color mode, quit, restart
xsane, and switch back to binary mode. Then everything works fine.

As I described, one can easily work around this bug. But it is a little
bit annoying.

Regards

Christoph Ludwig
--