[sane-devel] sane & Ricoh Aficio 450 scanner option = ?

Malte Starostik malte@kde.org
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 01:23:59 +0200

Hi,

I am to setup a scanning system in our office. The hardware is a Ricoh Aficio 450 (copier/printer/scanner), which for scanning has a SCSI port.
Does that one work with any of the sane drivers? I'd really prefer that over setting up a Windows box...
If this is the wrong list (-devel), sorry, didn't see info about a users' list. If there is anything about adding support for that scanner which I could do without any knowledge about sane's guts, SCSI programming etc., I'd try my best.
TIA,
--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]

>From ryan@braby.org Tue Sep  4 22:23:28 2001
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:23:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ryan Braby <ryan@braby.org>
To: <sane-devel@mostang.com>
Subject: [sane-devel] EPSON Perfecton 1250 is _NOT_ supported!!!
Sender: sane-devel-admin@www.mostang.com

Hello all,

I bought an Epson Perfection 1250 a few days ago.  I do NOT
have any MS products at home.  Therefore, I either need to
get this working or return it by 9/28.  I have compiled the
2.4.9 kernel with USB support, debug, scanner, fs, etc.

I have compiled and installed the latest version of sane.
This is on a K7-600 Mhz system.  Please let me know what tests,
scans, traces, etc. to perform.  I am VERY willing to help get
this working.  However, I have a deadline.

Since, I don't have MS it appears that I won't be able to run
snoopy traces on it.  However, I am willing to try just about
anyhing to get it working.  Most likely, it's going back to the
store, but why not give it a good try?

Thanks,
Ryan Braby