[sane-devel] Re: Possible Kodak DC-240 backend?

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sat, 08 Sep 2001 15:48:37 +0200

Peter Fales wrote:

> I need to make some changes to acinclude.m4, configure.in, Makefile.in,
> etc. to support the gphoto2 backend.  Is it correct for me to rebuild
> the generated files like aclocal.m4, configure, Makefile, etc. and
> commit those changes to CVS?

Hi Peter,

you should commit aclocal.m4 and the new generated configure file.
The Makfiles should not be committed (they are generated by configure).

Please take care while doing any changes in the configuration
files like acloacl.m4, configure.in etc because this can
break compilation on some systems very easy. If you are not
sure if your changes do not make any problems please post
the changes to the list before you commit them to the CVS
so some people can take a look at it at first.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de