[sane-devel] using scsi scanner primax profi 19200 ?

Mark Plowman mplowman@wxs.nl
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:42:45 +0200 (CEST)

Stefan,
> From: "Stefan Kredler" <stefan.kredler@web.de>
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:01:20 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> im looking for further information about the primax scsi scanner
> profi 19200.

If Your "PRIMAX PROFI 192000" has an FCC-ID of NSCVM6586 then it a
TECO/Relisys Model.

> So far I checked my Hardware which seems to run fine:
> The SCSI Interface as well as sgcheck find the scanner.
>
> I've been trying all possible setups e.g. Agfa Snapscann -none of
> them will do.

There is currently no backend for TECO/Relisys scanners.

> Am I missing something ? Does sane give any other response beside
> 'no scanner found' -even if the scanner is not suported?
>
> Can anyone point out how to proceed from here?
> Or give me an idea how to write my own backend interface?

A number of people who posses TECO/Relisys scanners are interested in
writing a backend.  Unfortunately TECO has (not yet :-( ) released any
(technical) information and so we are forced to try and reverse
engineer.  This is discouraging and slow!

This project is currently effectively dorment/dead.  You are most
welcome to try aand get it going again.  Contact me off-list if you
are interested.

> Thanks for any hint
>
> Stefan

>    \__U_/