[sane-devel] totally blurred

Christoph Kukulies kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:06:05 +0200 (CEST)

I'm running RH 6.1 and installed sane 1.0.5.
My first attempt to scan an image was to use

scanimage >data

and I obtained a 500K PGM file, which showed totally blurred.

# scanimage -L
device `mustek:/dev/scanner' is a Mustek MFS-12000SP flatbed scanner

Why does this say MUSTEK 12000SP? It is a 1200SP.

Reading a bit in man scanimage I found options and tried

scanimage -d mustek:/dev/scanner --resolution 1200dpi

Trying this resulted in starting the scanner and producing a file that still
wasn't finished after writing 14 MB of data. I stopped the scan.

Scanning at 300dpi is now (after 5 minutes) at 5 MB. I cannot see
how the scanner is acting because I'm doing the tests remotely, but
I suspect that the scanner sensor is moving terribly slow.