[sane-devel] speed now significantly better

Christoph Kukulies kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:21:56 +0200 (CEST)

Just FYI:

Last time, when I began my first - totally blurred - scanner
experiments, I had a transfer rate of 5 KB/s using the
DMX 3181/LE SCSI controller under Linux RH 6.1 (the controller that comes
with the scanner). The linux kernel told me already that it wasn't using
interrupts anyway, but I read between the lines and on the net that
hacking the driver to allow for interrupts or apply some patches
wouldn't make things terribly better.

Anyway, now, after installing the Symbios NCR/ASUS-SC200 SCSI controller
I'm getting:

[mustek] do_stop
[mustek] Scanning time was 18 seconds, 75 kB/s
[mustek] do_stop: terminating reader process

I don't know what the optimum can be with that scanner but it's quite
satisfying, I must say.

Thanks for making sane available. Great software! Now I will try to
get saned working to allow scanning from any computer in the lab.