[sane-devel] Plustek scanner

Ryan Braby ryan@braby.org
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

If you are running gimp as a normal user, you need to make sure that
the permissions on the device file allow normal users to read and
write to it.  If "scanimage -L" works are root, but not as a normal
user, that's may be your problem.

I'm using a usb scanner under 2.4.9 and use the following device file:
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     180,  48 Aug 31 20:56 /dev/usb/scanner0

Thanks,
Ryan