[sane-devel] how to compile snapscan with usb support

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:45:13 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 12:02:20PM +0200, Oliver Schwartz wrote:
> > configure don't find usb.h . What do I need for it. Only
> > kernel USB support or libusb or something else.
>
> You need the kernel include files. usb.h is usually found in
> /usr/include/linux/usb.h. Depending on your distribution you may have to
> install a package that contains only the include files of the kernel or the
> complete kernel tree.

As far as I know no part of SANE depends on the kernel linux/usb.h file. The
test in configure is for the usb.h file provided by libbusb. libusb is
only used by the sm3600 backend, so it doesn't matter if it's not
found for snapscan.