[sane-devel] Acer Vuego 310s (scsi) under FreeBSD

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:33:29 +0200

Hi,

> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 07:57:32AM +0200, Hans Eichbaum wrote:
> > > I've some troubles with my Acer Vuego 310s scanner.
> > > The scanner have worked properly under Suse Linux & sane.
> > > but under FreeBSD I've got a strange message when starting scanimage or
> > > xsane namely
> > >
> > > Failed to start scanner : Error during device I/O
> > >
> > > in my /var/log/messages I find the following :
> > >
> > > Sep 22 01:32:29 cp8772-b /kernel: cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map
> > > 122400 bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)

> "grep sanei_scsi_max_request_size snapscan*.[hc]" does not return any
> results, so I guess the bug is within the Snapscan backend. Perhaps it
> simply tries to read entire scan lines with one SCSI command; in this
> the limit of 65536 bytes can easily be reached for higher scan
> resolutions.

As far as I can see the maximum resolution for this scanner is 300 dpi, which
should result in a maximum line length of ~7650 bytes. But maybe I'm mistaken
somewhere.

Hans, can you send me a debug output ("export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255;
scanimage 2>debug.log")? Thanks.

Oliver