[sane-devel] Download problem @ ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/sane-1.0.5

Graeme Nichols GraemeNichols@bigpond.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:24:59 GMT

Hello Folks,
Maybe my problem but I don't think so as I tried both StarOffice &
Netscape to download sane-1.0.5 from ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/sane-1.0.5.
 The server said that it was the wrong file type and refused to serve up.
Am I doing something wrong or has there been a problem with the server?
As far as finding an rpm for RedHat 7.1 is concerned the only rpm is
1.0.3. (and that's for RH 7.0) That's the only rpm for RH listed on the
mostang site as well.
Being a bit of a Linux newbie can someone guide me as to the best package
to get for scanning under X and KDE (or which src files I need to
download)
Thanks in advance,
Graeme.
--
Graeme Nichols, 63 Wilson Street, Newtown, NSW 2042
Tel: , Fax: 61 2 9517 9537