[sane-devel] XSane V 0.78/0.79 GTK problem

Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:11:52 +0200

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:46:52PM +0200, Joseph R. + Martina Eoff wrote:
[xsane problems]
> recompiled since I had been using egcs.  Still seg fault.  Now I have
> found an indication that I might need to upgrade from gtk 1.2.3 to at
> least gtk 1.2.5.
> Before I just go and do this (and possibly break some other gtk
> dependent program) I would like to ask if I really need to replace the
> GTK library or have I missed something else.  I am tired of shooting in
> the dark, and would appreciate a little expert advice.

At least I don't have these problems with gtk 1.2.8. What I did was to
keep the libraries from the distribution (gtk 1.2.5 I think) and
installed 1.2.8 from source to /usr/local/. At least that worked for
me.