[sane-devel] solution of the 'totally blurred' riddle

Christoph Kukulies kuku at gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 18 08:48:44 BST 2001

Yesterday we found that the scanner must have experienced a heavy
bump or g-shock. The lens inside was loose (it was only fixed from the factory
with a drip of lacqeer. We cautiously set the lens into a position
it could have been before - actually had no other idea to adjust it.

Thus the effect that all scans were so blurred that it could only have lead
to the conclusion that something was damaged.

While being at it. Can someone explain in a few words, how such a
scanner works - I mean optical path, CCD device. Is there some
software controlled linearization ?

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku at gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de