[sane-devel] 1 bit modes question

Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:20:21 +0200

Hi,

Is there any information in the SANE standard how the pixels in 1 bit
(lineart mode) are ordered? From the current implementations I guess
it's like in pbm images:

                 111111
pixel 01234567 89012345
bit   76543210 76543210

that means, the first pixels is in the most significant bit.

There are two more insane but allowed modes: 1 bit color (RGB) and 1
bit color three-pass. From the (partly broken) implementation in
xscanimage I guess the order is the other way round:

pixel 76543210
bit   76543210

This would at least be consistant with the distinction between 1 bit gray
and the other modes for 0 == white / 0 == black.

Any ideas?

If it really isn't in the standard, shouldn't we add a description?