[sane-devel] Microtek V6USL: out of memory

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 22:34:29 +0200

"Patrick S. Leung" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I tried to run scanimage, I got an "Out of Memory" error.   Debug
> out is below.  /proc/scsi/scsi is also attached.
>
> Setup:  Redhat 7.1, sane-backends 1.0.5-4, sane-frontends 1.0.5-2,
> microtek scanmaker V6USL via USB.  SCSI module is aic7xxx.
>
> Any help/pointers/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Patrick,

At least older versions of the "SCSI <-> USB converter" had problems
with the maximum buffer size, so it might help to set the environment
variable SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE=32768 . If this does not help, could you
send me the debug output for SANEI_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 ?

Abel