[sane-devel] Canon backends

Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:24:45 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 11:53:41AM +0200, Ulrich Deiters wrote:
> Yes, by all means! I thought that it had already been accepted.

Abel says the code is ok so it can go in. I was just wondering because
I asked you some weeks ago and haven't got an answer. But this may
have been a mail loss.

> The new backend supports the FB620S flatbed scanner and the FS2710 film
> scanner.

Have you asked Manuale Panea (the maintainer of the original canon
backend) about what he thinks about inclusion? Sorry if I have already
asked this, I couldn't find it in my mail-archive.

> I have not followed up the development for parallel port and USB scanners.
> These are not supported by this backend.

canon_pp is in CVS, canon630u is in the process of beeing integrated.
I don't know about the other canon stuff.