[sane-devel] Umax vista-s6e vs aha-2940u2w anyone?

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 14:03:53 +0200

ZekeVarg wrote:

> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I got a vista-s6e an is trying to connect it to a aha-2940u2w card with
> > > out any luck. According to information on card setup it should work
> > > www.mrichter.com/cdr/files/68_50_n.htm (figure D) High=ON Low=OFF.
> > > But when I connect the cable nothing is found, not even my HD and
> > > CD-roms.
> > > Anyone who have any experiance of this?
> >
> > Does your 68 pin / 50 pin adapter have a terminator for the high data
> > byte? Did you check cables and adapters for bent pins?
> >
> > Abel
> > __
>
> No there's no high byte terminator on the cabel, but according to the
> link I mentioned it should not be nesesary (or is it missleading?). The
> connector pins are okay.

Zeke,

Using non-terminated SCSI cables is a call for trouble.

And you should also check, if the length of the internal cable plus the
length of external cable is <= 1.5 m. (That's the limit for ultra-SCSI)
The manual of your adapter should explain this stuff more detailed.

Abel