[sane-devel] SCSI problems with avision backend

Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:01:51 +0200

Hi,

Since the latest update of the avision backend I can't access my
Mustek (!) scanner anymore. It took some time to find out that the
reason is really the avision backend.

Symptoms:

I have a Mustek scanner (doesn't matter which one) attached to a SCSI
controller. The device file is /dev/sg0, a /dev/scanner link is set.
If I run scanimage -L or any other SANE frontends SANE freezes.
sane-find-scanner works, however.

Debug messages:

[dll] init: initializing backend apple'
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of apple to 255.
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
[apple] attach: opening /dev/scanner
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
[sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_find_devices: vendor=(null) model=(null) type=Scanner bus=0 chan=0 id=5 lun=0  num=0
[sanei_scsi] lx_scan_sg: k=0, exclude=0, missed=0
[sanei_scsi] lx_scan_sg: k=1, exclude=0, missed=1
[sanei_scsi] lx_scan_sg: k=2, exclude=0, missed=2
[sanei_scsi] lx_scan_sg: k=3, exclude=0, missed=3
[sanei_scsi] lx_scan_sg: k=4, exclude=0, missed=4
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_scsi to 255.
[sanei_scsi] sanei_scsi_open: sanei_scsi_max_request_size=131072 bytes

Here sanei_scsi freezes.

So it stops in the apple (!) backend. However, if I remove apple from
dll.conf, it freezes at agfafocus and so on. It freezes in the backend
that is called after avision, no matter which backend. If I disable
avision in dll.c everything works normal. If I disable /dev/scanner in
avision.conf, no problems either.

I guess avision.c confuses sanei_scsi or the SCSI system so that
sanei_scsi waits for something. I have no idea, what's the problem.

And I guess it's nor mustek-related. Anyone else have this problem?