[sane-devel] Suggestion for scanning frontends

Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:28:30 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 07:31:29AM -0700, Matts wrote:
> So my suggestion is that this is added to the planned fuatures list,
> the possibility to select a number of areas and then scan them all at
> once. It should also be possible to save the areas configuration,
> since In many cased the areas are always the same, since the use the
> use of a frameholder.

Probably there are tow ways to do this:

1) Add this to SANE2, that means, change the SANE standard. Do all the
   work in the backend. The fronetnd "only" selects and transmitts the
   regions of the single images. The backend calculates the real scan
   parameters and divides the scan data into single images.

2) All the work is done in the frontend. Should be possible, too. So
   the frontend scans only a big chunk of the image and divides it
   into smaller pieces.