Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] Snapscan 310 not recognized by scanimage

Yannick sevmek@free.fr
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:57:35 +0200

Hi,
Sorry the adress was wrong so i forward my message to the malling-list.

Does anybody knows a good OCR under linux ?

I will try gocr.

Yannick

----------  Message transmis  ----------

Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Snapscan 310 not recognized by scanimage
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:44:30 +0200
From: Yannick <sevmek@free.fr>
To: Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>

Le Mercredi 17 Avril 2002 21:32, vous avez écrit :
> Are you sure that there is only one installation of
> sane on your system? Maybe you are editing the wrong config file?

This was the correct question !
There was a previous install. Maybe one day it will be easyer to install and
uninstall softwares on Linux boxes.
I was editing the wrong file.

Well, it works good now !
In my point of view, sane is bug-free.

Just one thing or two :

The install of the AVA scsi/isa card of scanscan 310 was pretty hard for me
(i fond a mini how-to in italian for this).

As i remember the noise made by the scanner under window$ was a bit more
smooth (sound better) and maybe a bit faster. But this is not very important.
(the reason of this is certainly the fog provided by the constructor AGFA)

Thank you !
Now, i will try jocr for caracters recognition.

Yannick Defais