[sane-devel] Xsane save to postscript problem

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:54:20 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:26:39PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> I use xv to test if ps files look ok. xv does display the defined
> bounding box. I think gv tries to display it on a page and does not
> take accurate values from the bounding box.

I don't think it's a bounding box problem. If I just use ghostscript
with its X-output it works (gs foo.ps).

It gets even more strange: If I disable antialiasing in gv or ggv, it
also works. Looks like a problem in those programs. However, I have
never seen similar problems with other postscript documents.

If I just add another "/showpage" to the top of the foo.ps file, gv
and ggv displays the file without problems even with anialiasing
turned on. I don't know anything about postscript so this may be just
good luck.