[sane-devel] Driver Search

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:43:47 +0200

Hi,

> is the Guilliomont/Hercules USB Scanner "Scan@home Touch 1248USB"
> supported?
>
> USB delivers Acer Flatbed Scanner 13. And by configuring this devices with
> yast, it doesn't show a possible driver.
>
> Where can I get drivers and informations?

I have no expericence with that model, but "Acer Flatbet Scanner 13" sounds
like a relabeled Acer 340U. Whats the USB vendor and product ID?

You can try to make it work with the snapscan backend (see
http://snapscan.sourceforge.net for details). If the manufacturer string is
"Acer" it won't work out of the box, you'll have to add "Acer" to the
vendors[] array in snpscan.h (Acer itself uses "Color" as Manufacurer ID, for
some strange reason).

You may also have to upload a firmware file first to make your scanner work
(again, see snapscan.sourceforge.net for details). Since I have no experience
with that model I can't tell you which firmware file to use. Try to look for
any *.bin files that came with the windows driver. If you find the vendor /
product ID on snapscan.sourceforge.net there's a good chance that the
firmware file listed there also works for your scanner.

If you run into problems let me know.

Regards,

Oliver