[sane-devel] scanimage bug?

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:38:34 +0100

Hi,

first of all, I ought to let you know that Petter has given me CVS
write access, and I have just committed a new version of coolscan2
with minor updates. I also updated the ChangeLog file, hope this is
OK.

Anyway, my question is: in scanimage, the options for specifying the
scan area are the left limit and the width, rather than left and right
limits (and similarly for the vertical direction). scanimage will
accept any input that the backend will accept, I have, however, a
suspicion that the info printed by scanimage -h is wrong. coolscan2
currently uses pixels as unit, and both width and height are given
with a range that doesn't go far enough: it is one pixel to
narrow. This is just cosmetic really, because I can still specify the
full width and height, even if it's one more than the maximum given by
scanimage -h.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net