[sane-devel] Scanning Lineart/Halftone with MICROTEK Scanmaker 9600xl

Joachim Backes Joachim Backes <backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:00:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

having problems with Microtek ScanMaker 96000 xl.

Environment: Linux RedHat 7.2
             Kernel 2.4.18
             xsane-0.86
             sane-front/backend-1.0.7

1. The preview: When previewing a A4 Page with normal text on my ScanMaker 9600xl
   (A3 scanner), then after previewing, the dashed frame painted around the read
   page is not correct: horizontally, the frame correctly stops at the right margin
   of the A$ page, but the lower margin does not stop at the bottom of the A4 page,
   but at the bottom of the Scanners A3 pane. That means, the preview frame contains
   the rectangle u,v,w,x and not u,v,y,z

   u                         v
   +-------------------------+---------------+
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |  A3 Pane
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |       A4 sheet          |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   |                         |               |
   +-------------------------+               |
   |y                        z               |
   |                         .               |
   |                         .               |
   |                         .               |
   |                         .               |
   |                         .               |
   |                         .               |
   +-------------------------+---------------+
   w                          x

2. Having problems when scanning in LineArt or Halftone mode: in the scan,
   a lot of horizontal pixel lines are shifted against each other, so you have a
   "shaked" not readable picture.

   Scanning in Grayscale/Color mode is OK.

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, High Performance Computing  | Phone: +49-631-205-2438