[sane-devel] Redhat Linux 7.3 and Epson 1650 USB Scanner

Roderick A. Anderson raanders@acm.org
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:31:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:

> First of all, the permissions on the scanner device file should be
> different: The way it is, only root can scan. If you set it to 666,
> then everybody can use the scanner.

Done

> You should also reinstall the sane-backend package, there is (was?)
> a problem with the upgrade that can be fixed with this command
> sequence:
>
> rpm -e --nodeps sane-backends
> rpm -ivh sane-backends-1.0.7-6.i386.rpm

Done

I was still having problems and going to ask for examples of
/etc/sane.d/saned.conf and /etc/sane.d/epson.conf when I discovered my
settings were in the *.rpmsave files ... duh!

It is working once again.  Thanks.

Rod