[sane-devel] Re: Saned problems

Herman Kuiper Herman Kuiper <herman@ozuzo.net>
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:12:14 +0200

> I haven't ever used SaneTwain. In older SANE versions saned had some
> timing issues that may show such behaviour. Do you use SANE 1.0.8?

Those timeout problems usually manifest themselves with SaneTwain as "Read
error -64" etc.

When using saned in xinetd mode, does SaneTwain find the host and can it
connect to the host? You can try telnet'ing to the sane host on port 6566
and see if the connection is not closed immediately or no connection is
even made. If SaneTwain gives "Error opening the device" as error, the
open() call failed. Make sure saned can find the Windows client (although
when it works when running in debug mode this might not be the problem).

	Herman

Herman Kuiper - m: herman@ozuzo.net - w: http://sanetwain.ozuzo.net
SaneTwain - a TWAIN compliant interface to the SANE scanner backend