[sane-devel] Duplex and Halftone Problem with Fujitsu M3091DC

Oliver Schirrmeister oschirr@abm.de
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:05:14 +0200

Hi Frank,

> Scanimage works basically but the option "-duplex both" doesn't work and
> "-mode Halftone" generates an "invalid argument" error. "-mode Lineart"
> only generates inverse images (white characters on black paper).

I don't have a Fujitsu M3091 to try this.
To get the reason of the "invalid argument" error you can set the
environment variable "SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU" to 20. Try to scan again
and mail me the output.

inverse image in mode lineart: According to the M3091 manual there
is an option to inverse the image but it's not available in the driver.
You can try to change the line
  set_WD_rif (buffer, s->reverse);
  set_WID_rif (buffer, SANE_TRUE);
in function setWindowParam() in file fujitsu.c
If this works I can make this option available for the 3091.

Oliver